Thursday, July 24, 2008

Until I soar again...

The future is a funny thing. So is the past. The present is the only thing you can really rely on because it's the only thing you really can hold onto. You memory gets fuzzy and you have no clue what life is going to bring you so the present is the clearest vision of your life. But even though that may be so, I like my fuzzy memory and I like not knowing what the future holds. I've been doing some thinking, mostly about where my life is taking me. I start school back up in the fall and that in itself is a new chapter. But what will that mean for my life? Where will I be in ten years if I go through school again? A new state? A new frame of mind? It both excites and scares the hell out of me. But I also look at the past a lot. Who you are depends on who you've been. I believe that a look down memory lane every once in a while is good. We are who we have always been. And who we are today is the most important thing. More important then the blueprints leading up to now. More important than the preparation and thought of the future. The most important thing we can do is be true to ourselves now. Live in THIS moment. I like who I am. Who I've become. What I'm doing with my life. Recently these days, I smile more than I ever have. I am the happiest I have been in a long time. That is what I am focusing on...

No comments: