Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am but a man...

God, there are just too many thoughts in my head. This morning I thought my mind was going to expand so large it would take over the entire world. I was thinking about my family, my job, my health, my friends, my relationship. I woke up in the weirdest mood today. I woke up somewhere that makes me happy, but I was worried about the future. I woke up in someone's arms and that person filled me with all the warmth I could ever need, but I still wondered if I was letting her know how much she meant to me, or if I was good enough. I felt fortunate for my family, but was upset I wasn't on my own. Too many thoughts, too many fears, too many things to be happy about. I came to realize a little while ago tonight that there will always be too much of everything. Humans cannot exist in this world anymore without having too much of everything, but some things are good to have in excess. Laughter, the will to go on, strength, kindness, and someone to love. I was thinking earlier tonight that no matter how much my brain fills with doubt or sadness, there is always more happiness and hope to consume it. I am a happy man, a strong man, a loving man, a forgiving man, an honest man and I will live my life to reflect just that.



"People only see what they are prepared to see."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: