Thursday, June 26, 2008

To Live And Die In L.A.

"Blind to a broken man's dream, a hard lesson
Court cases keep me guessing, plea bargain
ain't an option now, so I'm stressing, cost me more
to be free than a life in the pen
Making money off of cuss words, writing again
Learn how to think ahead, so I fight with my pen
Late night down Sunset liking the scene
What's the worst they could do to a nigga got me lost in hell
To live and die in LA on bail, my angel sing

To live and die in LA, it's the place to be
You've got to be there to know it, what everybody wanna see"




Man, why haven't I ever listened to 2 Pac before? He's pretty fucking awesome. I used to think rap was a joke growing up, more so because my parents were against it...and for good reasons. But these artists (yes, rap and hip-hop is an art form, you try doing that shit) are simply amazing. I've been turned on to a lot of rap/hip-hop groups and it's amazing to see another side of the music spectrum. I just wish I would have opened my eyes earlier.

No comments: