Monday, June 23, 2008

There is more to living than being alive...

I've been alone most of my life. Not the alone you would usually think. Doing things by myself. Spending nights in my room with my own thoughts. Doing things on my own time. I've had many friends and relationships come and go. I've met many people in my life and I am grateful for that. But for the last year or so I find myself wanting more out of everything. Life, love, work, music, just everything. But recently I haven't been alone at night. Or in the daytime. Even when there is no one in the room. I love who I am these days. Maybe it's the fact I came out of the winter with more optimism. Maybe it's what I learned from the recent ending of the band. But I wake up these days feeling like a better person. Mostly because I am waking up with her arms wrapped around me. All I know is the sun burns brighter. I am in love with being alive.

No comments: