Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So many years...

Wow, I haven't had a heart to heart with Glenn in a long time. It was kind of refrershing. He brought over two beers and we just...talked. It's kind of weird actually, that I even have to mention it, two best friends sitting over a drink talking about shit going on in their lives as a ground breaking occurrence, but you know, it's kind of rare these days. But anyway.

I've really liked playing soccer this past month. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing, but I've been practicing in my back yard, watching you-tube videos on soccer tips for your 6-10 year old, and I think it's helping. We tied and I interrupted three shot attempts by the other team. That's right Beckham, better watch it, I'm coming up in the soccer world, not really. It made me realize something though, I really needed a lifestyle change. All of this drinking and shitty food has started to take it's toll. I found that out the hard way my first minute on the field. Like most of America, I joined a gym and actually tried to go a good amount, but wasn't very serious about it. Well, at least for myself, I'm acting a little different these days. For the past couple of weeks, I've slowly started to wake up earlier, get to the gym, have a decent breakfast, do my errands or cleaning or whatever, all by 11 o'clock. It feels amazing.

Addison Park is slowly and by slowly, I mean fucking sloooooooooooooowly gaining it's strength back. This new song being posted has kind of made us all realize we still have something. It's exciting. I've been writing like a whirlwind. I have so many pages of words I have no idea what to do with them. But it feels good.

I can't believe it's almost 2011. What an amazing few years it's been.

"I wanna have friends that I can trust
That love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was
I wanna have friends that will let me be
All alone when being alone is all that I need
I wanna fit in to the perfect space
Feel natural and safe in a volatile place"

The Avett Brothers-The Perfect Space

No comments: