Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Heavy Heart

"Baby, I'm a mess
This is more than any one man can take

I tried this time
To be stronger, almost like a mountain
But it's never strong enough

'Cause all I've ever been
Is the anchor to the wind
Keeping me from the places I need to go...

All this time you've been trying
To break a diamond
Now all I have left
Is this concrete underneath my skin

And my body feels so heavy
I'm scared I can't move on without you
But that's just the price I pay
For never breaking down ever again

So maybe I went about this all wrong
I should have stayed up in the clouds
Instead of going back to solid ground

So baby, I'll see you in the morning
When I rise up with the sun
And I'm gone before you feel the warmth

I tried to be strong for you
I tried to move on from you
Now I'm left with this body made out of stone
And a heart to match the world

I've grown into
A constant reminder of the past
I keep trying to race back to..."

Addison Park-...Imagine a Puddle

No comments: