Friday, August 22, 2008

Untitled

"So I've got this bad habit of always running
When all I need is the sound of the ocean
And the worst part is I don't feel the coastline anymore
So when I get there, I'll take the salt out of the waves
Plug it straight into my veins
Take the blue out of the sky
To get some color back in my eye
And like the sand that moves when the water pushes it forward
I'll move my feet to stay and sink a little deeper...

Oh sweet reunion won't you wash all over me
And take me home
How I've lasted a day here is quite beyond me
And I won't fall asleep tonight
I'd rather sleep right inside the sun
I'd rather burn alive than freeze to death
And it's a bad sign for me when I can start to see my breath

So take my body, come on test me
Cause I am planning a trip for you
And I need to know...
If you'll cross the desert, climb the tallest building
'Cause this won't work without your stare, right beside mine

I feel like a ghost walking in my own skin
Without a song to sing and waiting patiently
If you ever find yourself in California
Wishing you were next to me
Just keep the windows open
'Cause I am in the breeze

I need to know...
If I sail across the ocean, will you come with me?"

No comments: