Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And as the wind swept down the road...

Dear god the weather has been horrible these past few days. Last week it was beautiful and now it's just gray. Anyway. I had one of the most vivid dreams I've had in a while. It only lasted couple minutes but it was beautiful in a way. I walking on a road. There is a giant hill in front of me. The sun is either setting or rising; I couldn't tell. Either way everything is covered in a wash of purple and red and gold. I'm wearing jeans, shoes and a button up shirt. As I'm walking, it's like everyone I've ever known is on the side of the road. She's the last one I see. Well when I walk over this hill I see gorgeous buildings stretching miles into the sky, a brilliant light coming from the middle of this, what I guess is a city. That's when I notice the sky has never been bluer, it's breathtaking. Well as I walk I make no progress towards it all, I take a step, the city is a step further. All of a sudden a wind picks up and knocks me down and I see all the people on the side of the road fly towards this city. They all have sails in their hands and float effortlessly. Well I frantically search for mine and I have none. So I just walk. And it never gets closer.

I'm glad I had this dream. I'm glad I'm making changes, even though it's early to say that with any certainty. I'm glad she'll know I'm making them, she always wanted the best for me. I just wish she could be with me as I make them.

To quote my dream book...
"If you are in a wide open space with far off horizons, is this telling you something about how you feel in your waking life?"

Exactly.

No comments: