Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tripping over metaphors

"If you'd just trust in me, you know I trust you
We'll do all the things that you dream to do
If you'd just let go, just let your heart go

What I do now will affect what comes next
And this life that I lead will be everything you need
I pray to be all that you dream
And I'll die trying to be..."

This Providence-Truth and Reconciliation


Lyrics are just too powerful. I really think sometimes it takes a certain brain structure to write the lyrics that some people do. I guess that's just like some people are just built to be heart surgeons, or calculus teachers or what have you. I can't even think of how many songs I know that make me feel something different for each one. I have memories of certain songs coming into my life, certain people are tied with certain songs, family, friends and all that. Times in my life I can chalk up one album being in the back-round. Songs and words and melodies and harmonies, I mean Jesus, there are 13 notes known to man and think of how many songs have been written. It's just fucked up to think about. All I want is to be remembered as a great writer, a great SONG writer. I don't know if I was made to do it, but someone believes in me and she might be my best inspiration :)

No comments: